List of events we ran in 2016. All the events took place at Kobi Nazrul Centre.
- January: Streethands charity who are trying to raise funds to keep their ‘Food 4 All’ project sustainable. This project provides free hot meals , hygiene kits and shower facilities to East London’s homeless community.
- February: Leedo Street Children charity based in Dhaka, which rescues street children, and offers them shelter, food and education.
- March: Acid Survivors Foundation in Dhaka which does some amazing work with acid attack victims both with medical treatment as well as rehabilitation.
- April: Stem Cell Research, for one of our own poet, Kass Man’s stem cell treatment
- May: Poetic Unity, an organisation that uses creativity to address literacy and education issues, and raises the educational aspirations of hard-to-reach young people
- July: Royal London Society for the Blind. Their mission is to support thousands of blind young people to live life without limits through an expert blend of sport, education, creative and developmental services designed to unleash their potential. Funds raised from this Hope n Mic Night will help RLSB to continue providing these vital services and ensure no-one in London grows up poor and lonely just because they are blind.
- September: LEEDO Street Children
- October: Sylhet Aid
- November: Children of Adam, a group of volunteers who meet once a week in London to feed homeless people